Sputnik V Light, the Russian single-dose vaccine against Covid19 is expected to be launched soon in India, Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, Kirill Dmitriev, informed Friday.
Earlier today, the first dose of the Sputnik V Covid vaccine was also administered in India, becoming the country’s third vaccine which will now be used for the vaccination campaign.
“Sputnik V is a Russian-Indian vaccine. Much of its production will be in India. We plan to produce more than 850 million doses of Sputnik V in India this year. We hope soon for the introduction of Sputnik V Lite in India, ”said Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund.
Sputnik Light is the first component (recombinant human adenovirus serotype number 26 (rAd26)) of Sputnik V – the world’s first registered vaccine against the coronavirus.
READ ALSO | Russian Sputnik V vaccine priced at Rs 995 per dose in India, first vaccine administered by Dr Reddy’s
The single-dose Sputnik Light vaccine was shown to be 79.4% effective according to analyzed data taken 28 days after the injection was given as part of Russia’s mass vaccination program between December 5, 2020 and April 15, 2021.
An efficacy level of almost 80% is higher than that of many two-dose vaccines.
Sputnik Light has been shown to be effective against all new strains of coronavirus, as demonstrated by the Gamaleya Center in laboratory tests.
READ ALSO | COVID vaccine: center to provide 192 lakh doses free of charge to states in 15 days
Demonstration of phase I / II of the safety and immunogenicity study of the Sputnik Light vaccine:
- Sputnik Light can cause the development of antigen-specific IgG antibodies in 96.9% of individuals on the 28th day after vaccination.
- The Sputnik Light vaccine causes the development of virus neutralizing antibodies in 91.67% of individuals by day 28 after immunization.
- The cellular immune response against the S protein of SARS-CoV-2 develops in 100% of the volunteers on the 10th day.
- Immunization of individuals with pre-existing immunity to SARS-CoV-2 with Sputnik Light may cause the level of antigen-specific IgG antibodies to increase by more than 40x in 100% of subjects 10 days after immunization.
- No serious adverse events were recorded after vaccination with Sputnik Light.
Latest news from India